1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other material that refers to this promotion, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
2. Participation in the promotion is only open to individuals who have signed up to fijifor7s.com and who are residents of (a) Fiji, who are able to travel from Nadi to Hong Kong on 05 April 2018 and return on 09 April 2018; (b) Territory outside Fiji, who are able to travel from nearest local port that is on the Fiji Airways direct network to Hong Kong on 05 April 2018 and returning on 09 April 2018 (if additional cost to offset flights cannot be agreed upon by the winning participant and the Promoter, then the next person drawn is the winner). Participant to accept the prize on the terms outlined in these Terms and Conditions, if drawn as the winner. Each winner must have a valid passport with a minimum 6 months validity as at the nominated return flight date to be eligible to take the prize. Any costs associated with obtaining a passport and necessary visa’s are each winner’s responsibility.
3. Individuals under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to participate and further, the parent/guardian of the individual must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion.
4. Employees of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
5. Promotion commences on 16 January, 2018 and ends at 11.59pm Fiji Standard Time (“FJT”) on 28 February 2018 (“Promotional Period”). Please note all participants who have registered prior to commencement of the Promotional Period will also be eligible as the prize winner.
6. To enter, individuals must sign up to Fijifor7s by completing the following steps:
7. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s database, not at the time of transmission by the participant. Should a participant’s contact details change during the Promotional Period, it is the participant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
8. Only one (1) entry is permitted per person (i.e. each person can only sign up to Fijifor7s once).
9. If a participant uses any form of software or third party application to enter themselves multiple times (including scripting software), organises for a third party to enter on their behalf or enters using incorrect contact details, all of his or her entries will be deemed invalid. If such a participant wins a prize, the participant must immediately return the prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine whether a participant has breached this clause. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm whether a participant has breached this clause. Participants must provide whatever documents the Promoter requires upon request.
10. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and participants (including a participant’s identity, age, and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any participant who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
11. If there is a dispute as to the identity of a participant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the participant.
12. This is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the winners. There will be one (1) draw conducted for the entries received during the Promotional Period. Draw will take place within 14 days of the “Promotional Period” end date.
13. The winners will be notified by telephone and email within two (2) business days of the Draw and published at www.fijirugby.com and www.fijifor7s.com, one (1) week after the relevant draw.
14. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The first valid entry drawn will win the prize. The prize won will depend on the winner’s country of residence in each case, as follows:
16. The prize includes economy flights for two (2) only (as stated above), four (4) nights accommodation (Double or Twin share) staying in a 3-star hotel (incl breakfast), plus match tickets for two (2) to all 3 days of the Hong Kong 7s. Winners will be responsible for spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges or any other ancillary costs. Prize must be taken on exact dates determined by the Promoter. If a winner wishes to change a booking once it has been made, booking change fees may apply. If the winner cancels a booking, such cancellation may result in their forfeiture of the prize at the Promoter’s absolute discretion. The Promoter reserves the right to change bookings/flights should there be changes in its schedule or unavailability of seats.
17. During the entire duration of the prize, a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age. The winner (and their companion) is responsible for ensuring that they have valid passports with a minimum 6 months validity as at the time of the return flight, and any requisite visas, vaccinations and travel documentation. The winner (and their companion) must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
18. All details of the prize-related travel will be determined by Promoter in its sole discretion. Any prize awarded to a winner must be taken within dates provided by the Promoter or the prize will be forfeited. Certain travel restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Each winner and their companion must travel together on the same itinerary, including the same departure date, destination and return date, and failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the prize. Promoter will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Once travel commences, no unscheduled stopovers are permitted; if an unscheduled stopover occurs, full fare will be charged from stopover point for the remaining segments, including return. Promoter is not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. Prize may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. All travel will be at the risk of each winner and their companion. Winners are solely responsible for all expenses and costs associated with acceptance of the prize not specifically stated herein as being awarded, including, without limitation any taxes and other expenses, costs, or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of prize, travel insurance, ground transportation (other than as described above), security, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, gasoline, meals, gratuities, and souvenirs. Promoter shall have the right, but not the obligation, to make any deductions and withholdings that Promoter deems necessary or desirable under applicable federal, state and local tax laws, rules, regulations, codes or ordinances. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter shall have no responsibility or liability for cancellations, delays, or any other change by any company or person providing any element of the prize due to reasons beyond Promoter’s control, and are not responsible or liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence thereof.
19. All taxes and expenses not specifically listed herein are the responsibility of winner. Promoter complies with all tax reporting requirements. The amount of any tax liability will vary depending on winner’s tax bracket.
20. Each winner (and their companion) consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. Winners and companions (or their parent/legal guardian if they are under the age of 18 years) must complete any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to signing, and returning an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release (confirming the granting the use of the winner’s name, city/state, likeness, or photograph by Promoter for advertising/publicity purposes, without further compensation) within ten (10) days of successful winner notification, or the prize will be forfeited by that winner. If a winner is at least 18 years of age but still considered a minor in his or her State of residence, the Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and Publicity Release must also be signed by the winner’s parent or legal guardian.
21. If a winner is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or guardian on the winner’s behalf.
22. If for any reason a winner does not take a prize (or an element of the prize) at/by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited and will not be awarded.
23. Total prize pool value is approx. FJD$7,000.
24. If any prize remains unclaimed, a further draw will be conducted at 35 Gordon St, Suva (Fiji Rugby House) one (1) week after the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The winner will be notified by telephone and email within two (2) business days of the draw and their name(s) will be published at www.fijirugby.com and www.fijifor7s.com, one (1) week after the subsequent draw.
25. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority.
26. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified by the Promoter.
27. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention, fraud, vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war or act of terrorism, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any participant; or (b) subject to any directions for a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
28. Caution: any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
29. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the participant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
30. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
31. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or participant; or (f) taking/use of and/or participation in a prize.
33. In no event will the released entities be responsible or liable for any death, injury, damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of your travel or attempted travel, transportation and transfers, use of hotel facilities, access to and use of the service and/or the promotion, or downloading from and/or printing material downloaded from any websites associates with the promotion, except where such release is prohibited by applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, this promotion and all prizes are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions (such as Australia for example) do not allow all limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
34. The laws of Fiji apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Individuals submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Fiji. This promotion is void where prohibited by law.
35. The Promoter is Fiji Rugby Union of Level 35, Gordon Street, Suva, telephone +679 330 2787.